05 mai 2010

Explication de la liste

(la liste)

L'explication :

Principles :
- 1 director = 1 movie.
- No internal ranking into the sub-lists.

Results :
10 movies (accidental number) from a) to j) = The overwhelming, beyond-comprehension ones.

31 movies (also an accidental number) from z) to f) through a) = The bloody major masterpieces, and therefore something like my favorite ones.

x-1 (currently around 96 - 1 I think) movies from whatever) to whatever) = the other masterpieces I happen to have seen.

May be useful ? :
List 1 : to know me
List 2 : to know what I think about the cinema as an art
List 3 : if you don't know what to watch, there is what I may suggest.

Movies that are not in the list :
Movies not selected in a director's complete works (e.g. : Green Snake, by Tsui Hark)
Movies I haven't had the occasion to see (e.g. : man with a movie camera, by Ziga Vertoz)
Movies I really don't know anything about (e.g. : The important think is to love, by Andrzej Zulawski)
Movies I have liked but I'm not sure I will be liking if I see them again (nothing pops into mind right now).
Legitimate movies I don't like for ideological reasons (two major examples : Ben-Hur, by William Wyler ; The Flowers of St. Francis, by Roberto Rossellini)
Legitimate movies I don't like for technical/cinematographical reasons (e.g. : Russian Ark, by Alexander Sokurov)
Masterpieces I have seen but not remembered (e.g. : ?)
Movies I haven't seen the proper way (e.g. : anything by Mizoguchi)
Movies I see a lot but I have qualms considering as masterpieces (e.g. : Marie-Antoinette, by Sofia Coppola)
Bad movies (e.g. : Pretty Woman, by Garry Marshall)
Other movies

N.B. :
I think the real criterium to decide whether a movie belongs to the first, the second, or the third list is : If one of the films in the first two lists happened to disappear, it would be something lost for myself. If one of the films in the third list happened to disappear, it would be a loss for the art only.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire